Permit Application Forms
Note: The Mining Act fees were changed. Please refer to New Mexico Register, Volume XX Number 5, March 16, 2009, for the fee structure. Please refer to the New Mexico Register, Volume XX Number 8, April 30, 2009, for the changes to minimal impact operations, exploration and financial assurance requirements.
General Mining Permit Application for Dry Conditions
General Mining Permit Application for Wet Conditions
MINIMAL IMPACT EXPLORATION PERMITS
Minimal Impact Exploration Permit Application (Word) (PDF)
Permit Application Instructions (NEW; Feb. 2012)
REGULAR EXPLORATION PERMITS
Regular Exploration Permit Application
MINIMAL IMPACT MINING PERMITS
Minimal Impact New Mining Permit Application (Word) (PDF)
Annual Report Forms
ALL MINE PERMITS
Adobe pdf format
Word doc format
Both document formats can be downloaded to your computer, completed digitally and filed via email.
To file electronically. complete the following steps.
1. Right click on the link "Adobe pdf format" or "Word doc format" above and select "Save target as" from the menu.
2. Save the document to your computer.
3. Open the document and complete the form, entering applicable data into the highlighted fields.
4. Save the completed document on your computer.
5. Submit the form either by mail, fax or email.
If submitting the form by email, send the completed form and required maps as an attachment to:
If submitting by mail, print and mail the form and related maps to:
Mining Act Reclamation Program
ATTN: Holland Shepherd
Mining and Minerals Division
1220 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87505
If submitting by fax, print and fax the form to: (505) 476-3402, ATTN: Holland Shepherd