UPDATE: OIL CONSERVATION DIVISION OPERATIONS DURING
DECLARED PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
NEW GUIDANCE TO SOLVE EMERGING ISSUES
Effective April 30, 2020
The OCD remains open for business and issues this new guidance, a supplement to the March 20, 2020 guidance document (linked below), to address real-world challenges facing operators and the public.
The OCD will continue to actively work with stakeholders to solve problems and provide the best customer service possible, while maintaining high standards of transparency, public health and environmental protections.
The OCD encourages the public and industry to contact us with any questions about this guidance or any other OCD issues.
Click to read more...
OIL CONSERVATION DIVISION OPERATIONS DURING DECLARED PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY (March 20, 2020 guidance document)
- Full video of August 6, 2020 listening session of NMED and EMNRD draft rules (use password Publicmeeting0806 to access)
- Natural Gas Waste Draft Rules - July 20, 2020
- Material Changes or Deficiencies In Applications - June 11, 2020
- Notice for Public Comment on Draft UIC Permit Template - June 3, 2020
- Full statement and video from virtual forum in front of House Committee on Natural Resources titled:
- “Reclaiming Orphaned Oil and Gas Wells—Creating Jobs and Protecting the Environment by Cleaning Up and Plugging Wells”
- OCD Comprehensive Phone List
The Oil Conservation Division regulates oil and gas activity in New Mexico. We gather well production data; permit new wells; enforce the division's rules and the state's oil and gas statutes; make certain abandoned wells are properly plugged; and ensure the land is responsibly restored. We invite you to explore our website. It has been designed to provide you with information about doing business with the Oil Conservation Division of New Mexico, as well as access to forms and services provided by the division. Our staff is ready to serve you. Santa Fe office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are located at 1220 S. St. Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87505.
To contact a member of our professional team by phone please call: (505) 476-3441.