Energy Conservation and Management Division
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope the information you find on our website will help you understand the benefits of using energy wisely to ensure a sustainable environmental and economic future. Energy plays a vital role in the lives of every New Mexican. It is our commitment to you—to work diligently to promote and protect New Mexico’s energy resources.
Louise N. Martinez, Director
The Energy Conservation and Management Division (ECMD) develops and implements effective clean energy programs — renewable energy, energy efficiency, alternative fuels, and safe transportation of radioactive waste — to promote economic growth, environmental sustainability, and wise stewardship of our natural resources while protecting public health and safety for New Mexico and its citizens.
The Energy Conservation and Management Division:
- Created by Statute - Sections 9-5A-1 through 7, NMSA 1978
- Serves as the State Energy Office
- Funded by State and Federal Funds
- Provides Technical Assistance to NM Citizens, Businesses & All Governmental Entities
- Promotes Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy