Energy Conservation and Management Division
Welcome! We're here to assist.
Louise N. Martinez, Director
The Energy Conservation and Management Division (ECMD) develops and implements effective clean energy programs — renewable energy, energy efficiency, alternative fuels, and safe transportation of radioactive waste — to promote economic growth, environmental sustainability, and wise stewardship of our natural resources while protecting public health and safety for New Mexico and its citizens.
The Energy Conservation and Management Division:
- Created by Statute - Sections 9-5A-1 through 7, NMSA 1978
- Serves as the State Energy Office
- Funded by State and Federal Funds
- Provides Technical Assistance to NM Citizens, Businesses & All Governmental Entities
- Promotes Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy